Horry Electric is working hard to encourage participation in our FREE Bank Draft program with a limited time offer to new participants. “A member who qualifies and gets successfully signed up as a Bank Draft participant between April 1 and 11:59 PM on April 30, 2020, will be automatically entered into a prize drawing for one of ten $50 electric bill credits,” says Danny Shelley, executive vice president and CEO. The bill credits will be awarded to the winning entrants on May 1, 2020. Contest rules are outlined at the bottom of this blog post.
The Bank Draft program makes paying your electric bill easier. “You can pay your bill on time, every time – without having to write a check,” says Shelley. “It’s the easiest, safest, most convenient and least expensive way to pay your electric bill”.
When a member signs up, Horry Electric will begin automatically drafting the checking or savings account for the amount of the monthly electric bill the following billing period.”You’ll still get statements showing the kWh use and the amount due, but you won’t have to write a check, come to the office, or pay a visit to the night deposit box after hours,” explains Shelley, adding that the amount due is drafted on the bill due date. “The other big benefit,” he continues, ” is there are no convenience fees!”
Please note that it may take a few days to process a request, so continue to pay the bill until “Bank Draft” appears on the statement you get in the mail.
The limited-time offer is for NEW participants only and Advance Pay participants are not eligible to participate. The contest rules are outlined below.
The best way to sign up is to visit MyEnergy Online. “We will be creating a couple of videos to demonstrate how to sign up via mobile app or desktop and we will share those as soon as they are ready,” says Shelley. Members may also call Horry Electric during regular business hours at 843.369.2211 to learn more about getting signed up.
How to sign up mobile app version and desktop version.
Horry Electric Cooperative, Inc.
Bank Draft Sign-Up Competition & Prizes
Official Rules, Terms, and Conditions
1. No Purchase or Entry Fee Required.
2. Timing. The Bank Draft Sign-Up Competition & Prizes (“Promotion”) begins at 12:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on April 1, 2020, and ends at 11:59 PM ET on April 30, 2020 (the “Promotion Period”).
3. Overview. This promotion is a submission contest solely intended for members of Horry Electric Cooperative, Inc. (“Cooperative”) who currently are not registered for Bank Draft but who register for Bank Draft during the Promotion Period. Interested parties (the “Entrant” or “Submitter”) may be:
a) an individual member of the Cooperative (“Entrant”), or
b) an individual member entering on behalf of a legally-registered organization or association that is a member of the Cooperative (“Submitter”).
Entrants and/or Submitters may sign up for Bank Draft, and ten randomly selected Entrants will be awarded a $50.00 (USD) bill credit on their next bill from the Cooperative.
4. To Enter. Entrants and/or Submitters may enter online by visiting MyEnergy Online to sign up in the member portal; by filling out the online interest form or by calling us at 843.369.2211 during regular business hours. Entrants and/or Submitters must enter only one submission. Entries submitted in violation of the contest entry rules will not be considered [be void]. All entries become the property of the Cooperative and will not be returned. All entries must be received by 11:59 PM ET on April 30, 2020, the official end date of the Promotion Period.
5. Eligibility. Entrant and/or Submitter must be at least eighteen (18) years of age at time of entry, and the Entrant and/or Submitter must be a member of the Cooperative. The following are not eligible to participate: a) officers, directors, and employees of the Cooperative; and b) the immediate family members (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses) of Cooperative employees and household members with whom they may reside (whether related or not); existing members of the Cooperative who are currently registered for Bank Draft; members with poor credit. This Promotion is void outside of South Carolina and is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
6. Judging Criteria. Ten winners will be randomly drawn from all properly submitted entries on May 1, 2020.
7. Prize Awarding. The ten winners will be randomly selected and announced on or about May 4, 2020 from among all eligible entries received. The ten winners will be notified in writing that the credit has been applied to their respective accounts.
8. Prizes/Odds. There will be ten (10) prizes awarded: ten $50.00 (USD) statement credits on the member’s next bill from the Cooperative. Odds of winning will be based on a random drawing from the total group of eligible submissions.
a) By submitting an entry, Entrant warrants and represents that he/she is a member of a South Carolina Electric Cooperative;
b) By submitting an entry, Submitter warrants and represents that he/she registered a legally-registered organization or association that is a member of the Cooperative;
c) The Cooperative reserves the right to disqualify any submission at any time in the event the Cooperative determines, in its sole discretion, that the submission is inappropriate, not in keeping with Cooperative’s image, or that an Entrant or Submitter has not otherwise complied with these Official Rules, Terms, and Conditions;
d) By claiming a prize, the winner agrees that the Cooperative, and its officers, employees, members, affiliates, agents, and advertising and promotional agencies, [do not have any] have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind related to participation in this Promotion, or from acceptance or use/misuse of any prize offered;
e) Acceptance of a prize shall constitute the winner’s agreement that the Cooperative or its agent(s) may use and/or display the winner’s name, address (city, state only), likeness, entry (and content) and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes, without further consideration, except where prohibited by law;
f) You agree to release Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other social media platform and acknowledge that this promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other social media platform;
g) All taxes on prizes (if applicable) are the sole responsibility of the winner;
h) Prizes are not transferable or assignable, except to a surviving spouse, or at the sole discretion of the Cooperative.
10. Direct Marketing. By entering the Promotion, Entrant acknowledges that he/she may receive various marketing or other information from the Cooperative or its affiliated member electric cooperatives regarding their products or services. If an Entrant does not desire to receive this information, an Entrant may opt out by calling 843.369.2211 or emailing Service@horryelectric.com
11. Sponsor. Horry Electric Cooperative, Inc., 2774 Cultra Road, Conway, SC 29526.
Void outside of South Carolina and wherever prohibited or restricted by law.