We live in a “connected” world. When most of us think about being “connected,” we think about technology. In today’s world, we can control most of our devices through our smart phones. Why should your water heater be any different?
If you’re installing a new electric water heater and you’re interested in making it a smart device, Horry Electric can help through the H2O Select program. We have Wi-Fi enabled Load Control Transmitters (LCTs) available. Beginning January 1, 2021, any member who installs a Wi-Fi enabled LCT will be entered in a drawing for one of five $50 electric bill credits, in addition to the H2O Select rebate.
Members must enroll in the H2O Select program and have their switch installed between January 1, 2021 and 11:59 p.m. on February 26, 2021 to be entered in the drawing.
What is H2O Select?
Are you installing a new electric water heater? If so, you could qualify for a rebate from Horry Electric Cooperative, Inc. The water heater has to be a minimum 50-gallon tank to qualify for a $125 rebate. If you’re installing a new 80-gallon tank, you could qualify for a $250 rebate. Rebates are issued per unit, so if you install multiple water heaters, that means more money for you.
By enrolling, members agree for Horry Electric to install a Load Control Transmitter (LCT) device on their new electric water heater. The LCT allows HEC to set control periods and modify the electric consumption by the water heater during peak times. Peak times occur when member demand for energy is at its highest, so early winter mornings or hot summer afternoons.
This may sound inconvenient, but think about it this way: Horry Electric has thousands of LCTs on the system. “When you collectively turn off thousands of water heaters via LCTs, it helps the cooperative save money, and in turn, keeps members’ electric bills reasonable,” says Garrett Gasque, one of our Trusted Energy Advisors.
How does it save the cooperative money? Energy is most expensive during peak times. By working together to reduce our demand during peak times, we can save the cooperative and members money.
How to enroll
Enrolling in the program is easy. If you’re not sure what tank best suits your home, call our office and ask to speak with one of our Trusted Energy Advisors.
“Once you agree to participate in our H2O Select program, contact a plumber to install your new water heater,” says Ricky Lowder, senior energy management representative. “You can do it yourself, but remember to keep the installation within all applicable plumbing and electrical codes.”
After your new water heater is installed, contact an H2O Select representative with the model and serial number to make sure program requirements are met. Horry Electric will then dispatch an approved electrician to your home to install the required load control device and issue a check to you.
Horry Electric Cooperative, Inc.
H2O Select Wi-Fi LCT Sign-Up Competition & Prizes
Official Rules, Terms, and Conditions
1. No Purchase or Entry Fee Required.
2. Timing. The H2O Select Wi-Fi LCT Sign-Up Competition & Prizes (“Promotion”) begins at 12:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on January 1, 2021, and ends at 11:59 PM ET on February 26, 2021 (the “Promotion Period”).
3. Overview. This promotion is a submission contest solely intended for members of Horry Electric Cooperative, Inc. (“Cooperative”) who currently are not registered for the H2O Select program but who sign up for a Wi-Fi enabled LCT through the H2O Select during the Promotion Period. Interested parties (the “Entrant” or “Submitter”) may be:
a) an individual member of the Cooperative (“Entrant”), or
b) an individual member entering on behalf of a legally-registered organization or association that is a member of the Cooperative (“Submitter”).
Entrants and/or Submitters may sign up for a Wi-Fi enabled LCT device through the H2O Select program, and five randomly selected Entrants will be awarded a $50.00 (USD) bill credit on their next bill from the Cooperative, in addition to their H2O Select program rebate.
4. To Enter. Entrants and/or Submitters may enter by calling our Energy Management department at 843.369.2211 during regular business hours. Entrants and/or Submitters must enter only one submission per email address. Entries submitted in violation of the contest entry rules will not be considered [be void]. All entries become the property of the Cooperative and will not be returned. All entries must be received by 11:59 PM ET on February 26, 2021, the official end date of the Promotion Period.
5. Eligibility. Entrant and/or Submitter must be at least eighteen (18) years of age at time of entry, and the Entrant and/or Submitter must be a member of the Cooperative. The following are not eligible to participate: a) officers, directors, and employees of the Cooperative; and b) the immediate family members (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses) of Cooperative employees and household members with whom they may reside (whether related or not); existing members of the Cooperative who are currently signed up for H2O Select. This Promotion is void outside of South Carolina and is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
6. Judging Criteria. Five winners will be randomly drawn from all properly submitted registration entries on March 2, 2021.
7. Prize Awarding. The five winners will be randomly selected and announced on or about March 2, 2021 from among all eligible entries received. The five winners will be notified by phone that the credit has been applied to their respective accounts.
8. Prizes/Odds. There will be five (5) prizes awarded: five $50.00 (USD) statement credits on the member’s next bill from the Cooperative. Odds of winning will be based on a random drawing from the total group of eligible submissions.
a) By signing up, Entrant warrants and represents that he/she is a member of a South Carolina Electric Cooperative;
b) By signing up, Submitter warrants and represents that he/she registered a legally-registered organization or association that is a member of the Cooperative;
c) The Cooperative reserves the right to disqualify any submission at any time in the event the Cooperative determines, in its sole discretion, that the submission is inappropriate, not in keeping with Cooperative’s image, or that an Entrant or Submitter has not otherwise complied with these Official Rules, Terms, and Conditions;
d) By claiming a prize, the winner agrees that the Cooperative, and its officers, employees, members, affiliates, agents, and advertising and promotional agencies, [do not have any] have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind related to participation in this Promotion, or from acceptance or use/misuse of any prize offered;
e) Acceptance of a prize shall constitute the winner’s agreement that the Cooperative or its agent(s) may use and/or display the winner’s name, address (city, state only), likeness, entry (and content) and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes, without further consideration, except where prohibited by law;
f) You agree to release Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other social media platform and acknowledge that this promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other social media platform;
g) All taxes on prizes (if applicable) are the sole responsibility of the winner;
h) Prizes are not transferable or assignable, except to a surviving spouse, or at the sole discretion of the Cooperative.
10. Direct Marketing. By entering the Promotion, Entrant acknowledges that he/she may receive various marketing or other information from the Cooperative or its affiliated member electric cooperatives regarding their products or services. If an Entrant does not desire to receive this information, an Entrant may opt out by calling 843.369.2211 or emailing Service@horryelectric.com
11. Sponsor. Horry Electric Cooperative, Inc., 2774 Cultra Road, Conway, SC 29526.
Void outside of South Carolina and wherever prohibited or restricted by law.