Horry Electric is working hard to encourage members to go paperless and sign up for E-Bill with a limited time offer to new participants. “A member who qualifies and successfully signs up as an E-Bill participant between July 1 and 11:59 PM on July 31, 2020, will be automatically entered into a prize drawing for one of ten $50 electric bill credits,” says Danny Shelley, executive vice president and CEO. The bill credits will be awarded to the winning entrants on Monday, August 3, 2020. Contest rules are outlined at the bottom of this blog post.
Signing up for E-bill makes paying your electric bill easier. “This means no more trips to your mailbox for your electric bill,” says Shelley. “It’s a green, easy, secure and convenient way to receive your bill.”
When a member signs up, Horry Electric will begin automatically sending your monthly electric bill to the email address associated with your account.
The limited-time offer is for NEW participants only. All member accounts are eligible to participate. The contest rules are outlined below.
The best way to sign up is to visit MyEnergy Online. Members may also call Horry Electric during regular business hours at 843.369.2211 for more information.
How to sign up online or via the HEC Mobile app:
- Log into MyEnergy Online
- You will need your account number and password to sign in
- Click the “My Account” tab
- On the drop-down menu, select “E-notifications”
- Select “E-Bill”
- Select the account you’d like to sign up for E-Bill notifications and click “Continue”
PLEASE NOTE: An email address is required to sign up for E-Bill.
1. No Purchase or Entry Fee Required.
2. Timing. The E-Bill Sign-Up Competition & Prizes (“Promotion”) begins at 12:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on July 1, 2020, and ends at 11:59 PM ET on July 31, 2020 (the “Promotion Period”).
3. Overview. This promotion is a submission contest solely intended for members of Horry Electric Cooperative, Inc. (“Cooperative”) who currently are not registered for E-Bill but who sign up for E-bill during the Promotion Period. Interested parties (the “Entrant” or “Submitter”) may be:
a) an individual member of the Cooperative (“Entrant”), or
b) an individual member entering on behalf of a legally-registered organization or association that is a member of the Cooperative (“Submitter”).
Entrants and/or Submitters may sign up for E-Bill, and ten randomly selected Entrants will be awarded a $50.00 (USD) bill credit on their next bill from the Cooperative.
4. To Enter. Entrants and/or Submitters may enter online by visiting MyEnergy Online to sign up in the member portal or by calling us at 843.369.2211 during regular business hours. Entrants and/or Submitters must enter only one submission per email address. Entries submitted in violation of the contest entry rules will not be considered [be void]. All entries become the property of the Cooperative and will not be returned. All entries must be received by 11:59 PM ET on July 31, 2020, the official end date of the Promotion Period.
5. Eligibility. Entrant and/or Submitter must be at least eighteen (18) years of age at time of entry, and the Entrant and/or Submitter must be a member of the Cooperative. The following are not eligible to participate: a) officers, directors, and employees of the Cooperative; and b) the immediate family members (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses) of Cooperative employees and household members with whom they may reside (whether related or not); existing members of the Cooperative who are currently signed up for E-Bill. This Promotion is void outside of South Carolina and is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
6. Judging Criteria. Ten winners will be randomly drawn from all properly submitted registration entries on August 3, 2020.
7. Prize Awarding. The ten winners will be randomly selected and announced on or about August 4, 2020 from among all eligible entries received. The ten winners will be notified by phone that the credit has been applied to their respective accounts.
8. Prizes/Odds. There will be ten (10) prizes awarded: ten $50.00 (USD) statement credits on the member’s next bill from the Cooperative. Odds of winning will be based on a random drawing from the total group of eligible submissions.
10. Direct Marketing. By entering the Promotion, Entrant acknowledges that he/she may receive various marketing or other information from the Cooperative or its affiliated member electric cooperatives regarding their products or services. If an Entrant does not desire to receive this information, an Entrant may opt out by calling 843.369.2211 or emailing Service@horryelectric.com
11. Sponsor. Horry Electric Cooperative, Inc., 2774 Cultra Road, Conway, SC 29526.
Void outside of South Carolina and wherever prohibited or restricted by law.