In March, members of Horry Electric surpassed $685,000 dollars in prescription savings by using the Co-op Connections® Card! “This is just another benefit of being an Horry Electric Cooperative member,” says Penelope Hinson, manager of public relations, marketing and energy management. “Best of all, the Co-op Connections® Card is free for members to use.”
With their card, members can get discounts from businesses in the local community including dining, shopping, automotive and much more.
Additional benefits include 10%-85% off prescriptions at over 60,000 participating pharmacies including CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, Target and many more, including several local pharmacies.
How To Use The Prescription Discount Feature
- Find a pharmacy near you by calling Member Services at 800-800-7616, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. CST and Saturday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST, or clicking here.
- Create an account with your Co-op Connections® Card member number 142407524. Enter your zip code and the recommended mile radius of 100 to search for providers near you.
- Please do not call the pharmacy for price quotes. Prices may change from day to day and they cannot be given over the telephone. To look up drug prices by location visit Rxpricequotes.com.
- At Rxpricequotes.com, you will find frequently asked questions, savings examples, a list of participating chains and a Drug Pricing Lookup tool. The Drug Pricing Lookup tool allows you to find the cost of your medications before you visit the pharmacy.
- Present your Co-op Connections® Card along with your prescriptions to the pharmacist. The pharmacy computer system will compare our contracted discount price with the pharmacy’s retail price when the prescription is processed. You pay the lower of the two prices directly to the pharmacy at the point of sale.
- If your pharmacy happens to be selling any maintenance medications prescribed to treat on-going ailments, such as high blood pressure and arthritis, for less than the contracted price, you will receive the pharmacy’s best price.
- If you experience any difficulties in using the pharmacy program, please call or ask the pharmacist to call our Member Services department at 800-800-7616, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. CST and Saturday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST.
Pharmacy discounts are Not Insurance and are Not Intended as a Substitute for Insurance.
The discount is only available at participating pharmacies.
As a Touchstone Energy® Cooperative, Horry Electric is always “Looking out for you.”
Touchstone Energy® Cooperatives’ Co-op Connections® Discount Card program at Horry Electric Cooperative
- Check out all the local, regional and national deals and discover the value of co-op membership!
- Download the Co-op Connections® Card app for free!
- Lost your card? No worries, print your own! Be sure to select Horry Electric Cooperative as your Co-op!
- Exciting opportunity for local businesses
Questions? For details on the program or information on how to become a participating business, please contact Toni Gore by phone at 843.369.6359 or via email.