Teachers and/or guidance counselors wanted, too!
Two South Carolina High School teachers or guidance counselors will have the opportunity to experience Washington, D.C., as a participating chaperone for the 2013 Youth Tour. The Electric Cooperatives of South Carolina will pay for their transportation, hotel room, exhibit admissions and three meals per day for the week-long trip.
The tour takes place June 15-20, 2013. Application deadline is February 1, 2013.
Complete the online application now.
The Washington Youth Tour…
- Rewards students for academic achievement and community leadership
- Educates students about the role of electric co-ops in the national economy
- Fosters students’ appreciation for the democratic form of government
- Exposes students to the sights and sounds of our nation’s heritage
- Builds students’ leadership skills so that they may make a difference in their communities
Students and chaperones…
- Meet South Carolina lawmakers
- Eat at cool restaurants
- Visit our capital’s monuments
- Tour Washington, D.C.
- Socialize with people from S.C. and around the country
For more information about the Washington Youth Tour program, visit youthtour.coop.
For questions about the application process for teacher candidates, call Van O’Cain at (803) 739-3048.
Youth tour applications for students – High School Juniors ONLY – will be made available to high school guidance counselors after January 2. For information, call Toni Gore, youth tour coördinator for Horry Electric, at (843) 369-2211.
Excerpted from the SC Scene section of the November/December 2012 edition of South Carolina Living.