Everything you do, no matter how small, can add up to big savings – for you and your neighbors. From flipping a switch to unplugging charging stations. Take your pick of these miscellaneous tips and save your money.
- Turn computers and monitors off when not in use.
- Make sure electric blankets are turned off in the morning.
- Turn waterbed heater off when not needed.
- Turn large-screen TV off completely when not in use.
- Turn off stereos and radios when not in use.
- Remember to turn off hair curling irons and hot rollers.
- Turn off coffee makers when not in use.
- Turn off pool pump and/or heater when not needed.
- Verify livestock water tank heaters are off when not needed.
- Make sure heat tape is off when not needed.
- Unplug battery chargers when not needed.
- Make sure all new appliances purchased are Energy Star-approved.
For more energy savings advice, download 101 Easy Ways to Save Money and Energy, visit TogetherWeSave.com and check out our comprehensive guide to energy savings on horryelectric.com, which includes a wide variety of energy information and tools.