Where to apply for weatherization aid

Low-income members of  Horry Electric Cooperative can apply for the Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) to improve their home’s energy efficiency and comfort.

Weatherization measures provided by this program will reduce heat loss and energy costs by improving the thermal efficiency of dwelling units occupied by low-income households.

Households with incomes at or below 200 percent of the national poverty level are eligible. For a family of four, that’s $44,100. The program covers all of those under the set income limit, whether they own or rent, live in a single-family home, or a mobile home.

Those wishing to apply for WAP assistance should contact their local community action agency. In Horry  County, call Waccamaw Economic Opportunity Council, Inc. at 843-234-4100.  Their office is located at 1261 Highway 501 East, Suite B. The WAP Coordinator is Leamon Bellamy.

Please note that HorryElectric Cooperative does not take applications for WAP or handle inquiries about the program. This information is provided as a service to our members. Please contact the Waccamaw EOC for details.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s